Gearing Up for World Book Night
Book lovers across the country are getting ready for World Book Night, Wednesday, April 23 — which is less than week from today!
Next Wednesday night, we will be giving away over 300 copies of books - 11 different titles of trade paperbacks for teens and adults. Inside each one you’ll also find a library card application and a flyer for Love Your Library Day on May 4.
Look for us around town -- at the train station, day care centers, supermarkets, schools and restaurants -- spreading the love of reading and books!
Title Swap with Librarians
The published list below (pdf) is from our most recent Title Swap on Wednesday, March 12 at 2:30 pm.
We've kept the list from December 2013 Title Swap with more reading recommendations for you.
eReaders for Borrowing
We loan out Nook eReaders pre-loaded with the hottest titles to Rockville Centre library card holders, in good standing.
The nooks can be checked out for 14 days, with one renewal allowed.
We have added new titles to our 15 Nook eReaders:
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Additional titles currently on our Nooks:
We loan out Nook eReaders pre-loaded with
the hottest titles to Rockville Centre library card holders,
in good standing. They can check them out for 14 days.
Guidelines for Borrowing & Use:
• As with any electronic device, use care when handling.
• The eReaders can only be checked out from and returned to the Circulation Desk.
• Do not use the Book Drop. There is a $25 fine if placed in the Book Drop or left unattended at the Circ Desk. Do not return at other libraries.
• A valid Rockville Centre Public Library card and a current photo ID must be present at the time of checkout.
• Borrowers must be in good standing with the Library.
• Borrowers must be 18 years old or older.
• The eReader may be borrowed for a 14 day period, and may not be renewed. • Do not add or remove titles from the eReader.
Fines & Liability:
• The overdue fine is $2.00 per day.
• The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage or loss of eReader and/or peripherals due to neglect or abuse.
• The replacement cost for an eReader is $200.